Field Service Engineer
- Installation, integration, startup and commissioning of dynamic check weighing and catch weighing, X-ray scanning, metal detectors and serialization (Track & Trace) systems across North America and some international travel areas.
- Support preparation and verification of our systems.
- Carry out preventive maintenance, repairs, upgrades and/or modifications of existing machines and systems on customer’s request.
- Work with customer personnel and assume responsibility for continued customer satisfaction, and coordinate all activities with the customer.
- Onboarding and Training will be provided along with assigned periods of shadowing of a lead tech.
- High School Diploma required.
- Associates of Applied Engineering (A.S.); Bachelor Degree in Engineering (B.Eng.); or Electrical Engineering (B.E.E.) preferred.
- Some college course work or working toward completion of an Engineering or Electrical Engineering degree will also be considered. Additionally, any equivalent industry experience may be considered in lieu of education requirements.
- 3 years within the last 5 years as a field service engineer in electro/mechanical equipment or related equipment with IPC interface such as the packaging industry OR
- Considering new college graduates (or near completion) with a desire to start training as a field service engineer.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical, problem solving skills.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of IPC serial and Ethernet communication, I/O Interface, Ability to read electrical schematics.
- Must be able to work in extreme environments and lift heavy objects on some assignments.
- Good customer skills and the ability to work under pressure are required.
- Must be self-starter, work well without supervision, and accept responsibility.
- Ability to work under pressure and to keep the situation under control (mentally and technically).
- Continuously strive to improve product knowledge and understanding of technology.
- Display a professional attitude and a commitment to the organization and to customers.
- German and/or Spanish language skills, beneficial but not mandatory.
- Home office location needs to be within a 50 miles radius of a major metropolitan area.
- Availability for On-Call Duty for either phone support or to be dispatched to service visit.
- Travel: 80%; Domestic and International. Must have a current passport at all times.
Various locations across the USA
Compensation for this position is commensurate with experience. It is a salary plus overtime position. There are bonus opportunities and a competitive benefits program.
We are looking forward to receiving your resume and cover letter. Please submit directly to jeff.trask(at)wipotec.com, you can also mail us your resume to: WIPOTEC-OCS | 825 Marathon Parkway, Lawrenceville, GA 30046, Attn: Jeff Trask, Director of Service.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification. Learn your EEO rights as an applicant under the law.